Writing Journal Entry 2
Weekly post to keep me accountable for what I want to accomplish. Click to see all journal entries.
Accomplished 29 Jun – 5 Jul 2019
1. For my story about my friend Shaundra, I edited the sections where I used letters from her to create the narrative. I also talked with Bob, who we both knew, about one of the memories he had of her so I could get the scene right.
He sent me a great narrative that described the whole scene. I love his imagery and descriptions. He’s a great storyteller!
Last week I said I would submit two chapters to The Write Practice for critique, but I didn’t get a chance to do that. Will put it on the list for next week.
2. I organized all of my disparate writing ideas in Trello.
3. Did some research for my collection of short stories about interesting women in my family tree.
4. I didn’t intend to, but I ended up writing some poems that came to me from thinking about my past (writing Shaundra’s story) for the first time in 30 years!
Planned for Next Week
1. I’ll submit the next two chapters of my short story about Shaundra to The Write Practice online Writers Workshop for critique.
2. Going to a local Family History Center to see if I can get copies of original marriage certificates from the 1860s that will help with #3 above.
3. I’ll let the poems I wrote this past week sit for a few days. Maybe I’ll go back to them next week and work on them some more.