Writing Journal Entry 3
Weekly post to keep me accountable for what I want to accomplish. Click to see all journal entries.
Accomplished 6 – 12 Jul 2019
1. I didn’t submit the next two chapters of my short story about Shaundra to The Write Practice online Writers Workshop for critique, as I’d planned. I ended up sharing the draft with Bob, who gave me a lot more helpful suggestions and edits.
I had already gotten so much great feedback from The Write Practice that I didn’t feel I need another round once I factored in Bob’s input.
2. For research on my collection of short stories about interesting women in my family tree, I went to a local Family History Center and was able to get a copy of an original marriage certificate from 1864. This was the proof of marriage I needed so I was super excited about this find!
3. I worked on some more poems and found a site, The First Line, where you can submit short stories and poems. I submitted one poem, and am working on another, for the Fall issue. I’m also working on one for the Winter Issue.
They give you a list of “first lines” to choose from so it’s a great creative exercise as I get back into writing poems.
Planned for Next Week
1. Finalize my short story about Shaundra.
2. Continue to work on my collection of short stories about the women in my family.
3. Work on my next Fall submission for the The First Line. It’s due August 1st.