Writing Journal Entry 6
Weekly post to keep me accountable for what I want to accomplish. Click to see all journal entries.
Accomplished 27 Jul – 2 Aug 2019
1. I went to the Virginia Room at the Fairfax City Library to get more info on the Blessing family, whose roots are in Shenandoah, VA. One of the stories I’m writing is about the Blessing sisters and I haven’t been able to verify their mother’s name, where she was born, or where she died.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find that information in the Virginia Room collection, but I did find the records for “my” Blessing family. Maybe I’ll need them for a future story.
2. As part of my research for my short story about Elizabeth Wellman Winney, I found a reference to her mother’s second marriage record. The original had been copied and was available for view at my local Family History Center.
I was so excited to see the copy and have it for my records. There wasn’t a lot of information other than their names and the date of marriage, but I didn’t have her second husband’s name documented before – and now I do!
3. I submitted a poem to the The First Line for their Fall issue. Of course shortly after I sent it, I went running and thought of other ways I could have improved it :/.
Planned for Next Week
1. Working on this story about the Blessing Sisters will be my main focus for next week since I’ll need to have it ready for the genealogical society meeting in the fall.
2. I’ll also work on my story about Elizabeth Wellman Winney when I can.
3. I’ve been really getting into my poetry writing so I’ll definitely make more time for that, too.