Writing Journal Entry 17
Weekly post to keep me accountable for what I want to accomplish. Click to see all journal entries.
Accomplished 12 – 18 Oct 2019
1. The Blessing sisters’ story for the Fairfax Genealogical Society’s Family History Writing SIG is done – including footnotes!! After the SIG has critiqued it and gives feedback, I’ll put it on my Family History blog as a series. Deadline is October 25, 2019.
2. Met the fifth deadline of the 100 Day Book program for my story about half sisters Elizabeth Wellman Winney and Kathryn Lorenz Brucher, and their mother, Mary Heuertz Wellman Lorenz.
My weekly goal is 4200. I wrote 4,025 this week and my total so far for the book is 20,522. That’s 448 short of my goal, but I’m in the meat of the story so I know I can make it up next week.
3. I had an epiphany about my collection of short stories about fate, chance, and coincidences that has completely changed how I’m writing the stories. I’m excited to expand the short stories into books and create a series around all of the characters.
Planned for Next Week
1. Work on meeting next week’s 100 Day Book program deadline. I’m going to try for around 4,700 words so I can meet the total word count goal I should be at.
2. Look at each of my short stories and start expanding them into longer books. I also need to see where I can weave in characters from each story into the broader world they all inhabit. Exciting times to write!