Writing Journal Entry 18
Weekly post to keep me accountable for what I want to accomplish. Click to see all journal entries.
Accomplished 19 – 25 Oct 2019
1. I started posting The Blessing sisters’ story for the Fairfax Genealogical Society’s Family History Writing SIG on my Family History blog as a series.
2. I met the sixth deadline of the 100 Day Book program for my story about the sisters in my family tree.
My weekly goal is 4200. I wrote 4,920 this week and my total so far for the book is 25,472. I got into a groove this week and was able to write more than usual.
3. I’m putting my collection of stories about fate, chance, and coincidences on hold for now to focus on the story of my Grandma Myrtle Jolly Hemenway. She led a very interesting life, and I need to get it out there for others in the family to know more about her.
I started it about six months ago, but got distracted by the story ideas that were popping in my head. Now that I have the visions mapped out for the other stories, I need to finish the book on Myrtle.
Planned for Next Week
1. Work on meeting next week’s 100 Day Book program deadline. I’m all caught up for my total word count. I’ll aim for between 4200 an 4500 words next week.
2. Work on book about Grandma Myrtle Jolly Hemenway’s life.