Writing Journal Entries 25 thru 29
Weekly post to keep me accountable for what I want to accomplish. Click to see all journal entries.
Accomplished 7 Dec 2019 – 10 Jan 2020
Happy New Year! With basement remodeling and a hectic holiday season behind me, I can get back into my writing and blogging routine. I didn’t beat myself up for not doing everything I wanted to. I focused on what I could get done in the time I had.
1. The 100 Day Book program I enrolled in to write a book about the sisters in my family tree ended on Dec 24, 2019. My goal was to write 60,000 words, and I wrote just under that so I’m pretty happy with how I did.
2. I’ve been doing more research for the family story I’m going to write about my 3x great grandmother, “Grandma Newhouse” and her life on the Oregon Trail and a pioneer in Oregon and Washington states. I have so much original material to work with, and their lives were fascinating.
I also found some of Grandma Newhouse’s living descendants through Ancestry.com. They’re from another one of her children and have lots of original letters to and from Grandma Newhouse as well. They’re going to share copies of the letters with me to include in the book.
3. While I’m waiting for more information for my Grandma Newhouse book, I’ve started writing a cozy mystery set in the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania. I’m incorporating some of my own family history in the story, so I’m having a lot of fun writing it.
Planned for Next Week
1. Work on my cozy mystery book.
2. Write one personal narrative post on this site as a writing practice piece.